One of my favourite gifts that I got for Christmas this year was a new food processor (yes I know I'm a nutrition dork) so I'm sure you can assume that I have been using it NON STOP ever since I opened the box. I'm not kidding you guys in the last week I have made; protein balls, falafels, black bean dip, hummus and nut butter.. Basically what I'm trying to say is get excited for a ton of easy food processor recipes coming to the blog in the next little while - WOOHOO.
These little babies are packed with healthy fats, carbs and vegan protein - they make the perfect pre or post workout snack!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
1/3 Cup Raw Almond Butter
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
Splash of Unsweetened Nut Milk - I used about 3 Tbsp but it depends on your food processor.
1 Cup Raw Almonds
1 Cup Medjool Dates
2 Tbsp Ground Chia Seeds - These are my favourite, they have probiotics already included!
2 Tsp Cinnamon
2 Scoops Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder - I have been loving this one lately by White Wolf Nutrition (see bottom notes for more info)
1. Add dates into food processor and blend until they form a sticky ball - about 2 minutes - remove from food processor momentarily.
2. Add almonds into food processor and blend until fine, should look like almond flour with some tiny chunks for texture - about 1 minute.
3. Add in all of the remaining ingredient except for the almond milk, blend until smooth consistency - should be somewhat dry.
4. Add almond milk 1 Tbsp at a time and blend until forms a sticky workable dough that can be formed into balls.
5. Roll dough into balls - should make about 12-16 depending on size.
*Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week*
BONUS: I have a coupon code for White Wolf Nutrition for you guys to get a little discount off of their amazing variety of products! All of their products are made with natural ingredients and sweetened with stevia which I love. My coupon code is - LULU10 and their website is linked here!
xo - LU