So to give you all a little bit of a backstory, I have been trying to perfect a universal base for my bliss balls for quite a while now and I could never seem to get them just right.. Until now. These are vegan, gluten free, full of antioxidants, superfoods, fibre, healthy fats and protein and moist as heck which is exactly what you want your balls to be (hehe).
So once I perfected the base I decided it was time to get a little crazy with my flavours and I thought it was only fitting to do some pumpkin spice ones for halloween. So to all of you PSL obsessed people (guilty) out there, these are for you and hot double syllable dayum you guys these are no joke.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
1/2 Cup Organic Canned Pumpkin (NOT PUMPKIN PIE FILLING.. EW)
1/3 Cup Natural Almond Butter
1-2 Tbsp Maple Syrup (depending on desired sweetness, I only use 1)
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 Cup Almonds
1/4 Cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
1 Cup Pitted Dates - Soaked in warm water until soft
2/3 Cup GF Rolled Oats
2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
2 Tbsp Ground Flax
2.5 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (Cloves, Ginger, Nutmeg, Cinnamon)
3 Tsp Maca Powder (Optional)
*Optional for Rolling* Coconut Shreds, Ground Flax, Coconut Sugar, More Pumpkin Pie Spice
1. Soak dates in warm water until soft, about 10-15 minutes.
2. Drain dates and add to food processor, pulse until the chopped dates form a ball.
3. Add all other ingredients and pulse until everything is finely chopped and thoroughly mixed together but still has some texture. You may need a splash of unsweetened almond milk depending on the power of your food processor.
4. Refrigerate for 15 minutes and then roll into balls. Roll half of the balls in shredded coconut and the other half in a mixture of coconut sugar, ground flax and pumpkin pie spice!
5. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1.5-2 weeks.
*Makes roughly 24 depending on size*
Happy Halloween babes, enjoy!
xo - LU