HOLY CRAP you guys - I'm not convinced that that is the best way to start off a recipe post but I can't help it - these are insane. I'll give you the low down on how these came to be because it is quite the story (not), last Monday I was out doing my weekly grocery shop at my local produce store and instead of sweet potatoes being their usual by weight price they were on special for a flat $2 each so me being my greedy, sweet p obsessed self grabbed two of the largest ones I could find. As you a guess I had way more sweet potato than I could deal with but had to cook them so they wouldn't go bad, so I decided to throw half of a steamed one in my food processor with a bunch of my favourite ingredients and the end product was too legit not to share. These taste like little cinnamon doughnut balls but they are full of vitamins and nutrients not to mention packed with fiber and healthy fats.
They taste like dessert but look like a snackk (if you get the reference I love you) - which is basically everything you could ever ask for.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
5 medjool dates
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
4 tbsp powdered peanut butter (I used this one)
4 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp ground flax seeds
1 tbsp chia seeds
2 tsp cinnamon
2 scoops collagen peptides (optional but encouraged - could probably sub protein powder)
1 cup steamed then mashed sweet potato
1/4 cup raw almond butter
2 tbsp melted coconut butter (can sub coconut oil or more nut butter)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
1 tbsp coconut oil
1.5-2 tbsp powdered peanut butter
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse until dates are broken up and everything is evenly combined.
2. Add wet ingredients and pulse until it forms a solid, not sticky dough - if your dough is too wet and sticky add 1-2 more tbsp of coconut flour until it is workable.
3. Roll the dough into one large ball and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Divide dough evenly and roll into small balls, refrigerate for 10 minutes while you make the drizzle.
5. Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, stir to fully melt the chocolate chips then add powdered peanut butter and mix until combined.
6. Drizzle on top of chilled dough balls - fo' shizzle (I had to).
*Makes 12 balls - store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week*
xo - LU