It's been a while since I hit you with a savoury recipe - what can I say I have a sweet tooth - so I thought that I would share one of my favourite things EVER. Not to toot my own horn (do people still say that?) or anything but I have basically become the queen of roasting sweet potatoes (and yams). No joke it has become one of my specialties, they come out perfect every single time and I think that that is something to be proud of.
I figured we could all use a fool proof recipe in our lives and these fries are exactly that so you're welcome. I make these every single week for meal prep and eat them every day (don't judge me). They're good dipped in organic ketchup, dijon, guac, nut butter, you name it they're damn good in it. Plus they're EXTREMELY easy to make and you can toss them in the oven and basically forget about them while you multitask - multitasking is another one of my specialties and anything that I can make while doing 17 other things gets an A+ in my books. I'm sure I've convinced you to make these by now so I'll leave it at that, less is more right?
Grab the closest potato and start your engines friends.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
1 large organic sweet potato or yam
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp sea salt
1.5 tsp pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
.5 tsp cayenne pepper - if you don't like spice leave this out
1. Preheat oven to 425F and wash and scrub the sweet potato thoroughly, we want to leave the skin on because it has the most nutrients and crisps up really well so make sure you get all the dirt off.
2. Cut the sweet potato in half and then lengthwise, you may want to cut them in half again to make more even fry shapes depending on how thick your potato is.
3. Lay the fries in between paper towel for 10-15 minutes to absorb any moisture - this is KEY to crispiness.
4. Toss the dry fries in the oil and spices and lay in a single layer on a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, then flip the fries and bake for 10-15 more minutes until both sides are crispy.
6. Get to dippin'.
xo - LU