It's officially zucchini season and I'm not mad about it at all! I mean why would I be, zucchini is one of my favourite vegetables, it's full of vitamins and nutrients and so versatile - I freeze it for smoothies, add it to salads raw, spiralize it to use it as pasta and add it to baking!
These muffins don't really need an explanation but to give you guys the run down because I love you. They're ridiculously moist from the zucchini and banana, vegan, low in sugar, made with whole grains and gluten free - so basically they're #winning in every single way and you will be too if you make them *hint hint*
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
1 large banana - mashed
2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 6 tbsp warm water)
1 tsp vanilla
6 tbsp melted coconut oil (I use this one from Botanica Health)
1 cup grated zucchini - liquid squeezed out
1.5 cups GF oats - ground into a flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350F and lightly spray 6 muffin tins with coconut oil.
2. In a small bowl mix together ground flax and warm water, set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together all wet ingredients until fully incorporated.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until just combined - batter will be thick.
5. Divide batter evenly into 6 greased muffin tins.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
*Makes 6 large muffins*
xo - LU