What makes a Friday better than the simple fact that it's (finally) the weekend? Cookies - duh. Well that and a glass of vino but it's not even 9am yet so I'll settle for cookies for now I guess - if you can even call it settling.
Cookies are kind of my thing, you guys know that by now and I'm sure you don't really need an explanation at this point. But I like being a little extra (okay a lot) so let me give you the run down on these. They're dairy free, can be made vegan if you sub in a flax egg, they're perfectly golden and crispy on the outside and pillowy soft on the inside and the chocolate chip to cookie ratio is ridiculously on point.
Okay that's all, now get to baking.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
1/4 + 1/8 cup of unsweetened almond milk
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
2/3 cup GF rolled oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray a baking sheet with avocado oil.
2. In a medium bowl or stand mixer, mix all wet ingredients together.
3. Add all dry ingredients to the wet and mix until fully combined - dough will be quite dry.
4. Mix in chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
5. Use hands to portion out and form 12 cookies. Make sure you flatten the cookies because they won't spread in the oven.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Allow to cool completely before digging in.
*Makes 12 cookies*
xo - LU