Okay I know what you're thinking.. a life changing brownie recipe, that's a pretty bold statement to make. I know it is and I understand the magnitude of assuming that something is going to change your life but I am almost certain that these brownies will do just that. I'd actually be willing to bet money on it - any takers? If you're a chocoholic like me then you're probably low key obsessed with brownies and you've also probably been VERY disappointed on multiple occasions with the fact that most healthy brownies taste like something that kind of resembles chocolate cardboard. Well consider your prayers answered my dear chocolate loving friends because these are the richest, moistest (sorry but they are), chocolatey-est, BEST brownies I have ever eaten - and that is saying something. They're also extremely healthy, gluten free, grain free, low in sugar and high in healthy fats.
You guys I'm not even being dramatic, these are going to rock your world.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
2 eggs (can sub flax eggs)
1/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup cacao powder (can sub cocoa)
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray an 8x8 square baking dish with coconut oil spray.
2. In a medium bowl or stand mixer mix together all wet ingredients until fully incorporated - about 2-4 minutes.
3. Add all dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix for 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly combined - batter will be very thick and sticky.
4. Pour batter into greased baking dish and spread with a spatula until evenly distributed.
5. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. DO NOT OVER BAKE - these get very dry and crumbly if over baked.
6. Let cool completely before cutting into them!
*Makes 16 brownies*
xo - LU