I wanted to make a dessert with a hit of extra protein added but I wanted to stay away from collagen peptides in the spirit of keeping it 100% vegan. I'm usually VERY hesitant and more than a little skeptical to bake with legitimate protein powder just because it absorbs so much liquid and they are all different so you never really know how it could turn out, plus I've ha a few too many fails in the kitchen when it comes to protein powder but you guys I'm pretty sure that I am officially a believer!
These blondies are moist (sorry), fluffy, sweet and oh so high in plant based protein (woohoo)!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
1 cup GF oat flour
1/3 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup unflavoured protein powder - I used this one by Purica
0.5 tsp baking soda
0.5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup mashed banana
1 tsp vanilla
1 flax egg - 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp warm water
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray a square baking dish with coconut oil.
2. In a medium bowl or stand mixer combine all wet ingredients and coconut sugar, mix until fully incorporated.
3. Add all dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until combined - dough will be thick.
4. Fold in 2/3 of the chocolate chips, saving some for topping.
5. Pour batter into greased baking dish and use a spatula to spread it evenly. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool fully before cutting - this is crucial!
xo - LU