Yeah you read that right.. black bean brownies!
But don't worry, these babies are so rich and chocolatey you'd never know the main ingredient is black beans! These brownies are fudgey and dense and can cure any sweet tooth or craving, plus they're refined sugar free, low in sugar from natural sources and full of plant based protein and fiber - so you could say that it's basically a WIN WIN situation!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
1 Can of No Salt Added Black Beans - drained and rinsed thoroughly
1 Very Ripe Banana
1/4 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 - 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk - depends on strength of blender
1/3 Cup Coconut Sugar (can sub maple syrup)
3/4 Cup Cacao Powder (can some cocoa)
1.5 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Cinnamon
Optional Mix Ins: 1/4 Cup Dairy Free Chocolate Chips, Raw Nuts, Shredded Coconut, etc.
1. Preheat oven to 350F, grease muffin tin or square baking dish with coconut oil spray.
2. Add black beans into food processor or high power blender and pulse until slightly chopped/mashed.
3. Add all other ingredients except for mix ins into food processor and mix on high until very smooth - will take roughly 4-6 minutes, make sure to stop and scrape down the sides often.
5. Stir in mix ins of choice.
6. Divide batter into 12 individual muffin tins or pour into square baking pan and bake for 25 minutes if making individuals and 35 minutes if you're using the baking pan.
xo - LU