You know when you impress yourself with your cooking that you did something right.. right? First of all you should probably know that I am a chocolate chip cookie fanatic, in every sense of the word. I mean what's not to love about them - warm, gooey, chocolatey, soft little pillows of heaven. Okay I need to stop, I'm making myself hungry..
It's no secret that chocolate chip cookies are a crowd pleaser but they usually pack a pretty calorically dense and nutrient lacking punch if they're made the classic way. I have tried for months to come up with a chocolate chip cookie recipe that brings zero guilt to the table and every single time that I attempted to redeem myself it was a bigger failure than the last. Until now - these cookies are vegan, clean, gluten free, guilt free, soft, moist (yup I said it) and could give your moms classic cookies a run for their money.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
1/3 Cup Solid Coconut Oil - Needs to be solid and not melted at all!
1/4 Cup Unsweetened Natural Apple Sauce
1/4 Cup Natural Almond Butter
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
1 Cup Rolled Oats
1 Cup Oat Flour - Can Sub Gluten Free Flour
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Dairy Free Dark Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 375F and line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together solid coconut oil and sugar until well combined - about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add in apple sauce and almond butter and mix until well combined and fluffy.
4. Mix all dry ingredients together, add to batter and mx until combined - batter will be very thick, this is what you want.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Drop by tablespoon sized balls onto pan and press down, bake for 10 minutes until golden brown - cookies will be soft on top still.
7. Cool thoroughly on pan before transferring to wire cooling rack.
*Makes roughly 1 dozen depending on size*
xo - LU