Is there a better way to celebrate the start of the weekend than with clean chocolate chip cookies? I think not. I whipped these up, tasted one and knew I had to get the recipe up right away for you because they're basically life changing, they're SO good. These sweet lil thangs are gluten free, low in sugar, high in healthy fats and oh so pillowy soft. I really doubt you need more convincing than that, you're all smart people.
Realistically though if your Friday doesn't include cookies and wine you're doing it wrong. So open up that vino, make these cookies and do it right. You can thank me later.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
2/3 cup oat flour
2/3 cup almond flour - I used Bob's Red Mill
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 flax egg - 1 tbsp ground flax + 4 tbsp warm water
4 tbsp melted coconut oil
4 tbsp runny almond butter - I used Spread The Love
4 tbsp unsweetened cashew milk - can sub any plant based milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4-1/3 cup dairy free dark chocolate chunks - I used an Eating Evolved bar
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add all wet ingredients to a medium sized mixing bowl or stand mixer and mix until combined.
3. Mix all dry ingredients into the wet and stir until combined, then fold in chocolate chunks.
4. Spoon onto lined cookie sheet - batter will be VERY sticky at this point so don't play with it too much.
5. Bake for 10 minutes until they are just starting to go golden brown on the edges. Let cool completely before diggin' in.
xo - LU