Okay you guys asked for it on Instagram, so here it is! My gluten free, refined sugar free, vegan banana bread recipe - it came out sweet, dense and oh so moist (sorry for that word) My boyfriend could not believe it was healthy, he called it (and I quote) "the best banana bread ever" so it's safe to say it didn’t even last 2 whole days in my house and I'll definitely be making this on repeat.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
2 Very Ripe Bananas
1/3 Cup Coconut Oil (measure solid then melt)
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 Cup Water
2/3 Cup Coconut Sugar
1 Cup Gluten Free Flour (I used Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1)
1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
1/4 Cup Ground Flax Meal
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Cinnamon
*OPTIONAL ADD INS* Mixed Berries, Dairy Free Chocolate Chips (DUH) and/or Chopped Nuts!
*Another Option* If you're feeling fancy, slice a third banana lengthwise and place on top before baking for a little something extra.
1. Preheat oven to 350F, spray or grease a loan pan with coconut oil.
2. Mash the bananas, add all wet ingredients and mix until well combined..
3. Add coconut sugar and mix until combined.
4. Add all other dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
5. Fold in any add ins - dough will be quite thick and sticky, this is what we want.
6. Pour into loan pan - if adding sliced banana on top do this now - and bake for 45 minutes.
7. Let it cool for 30 minutes (I know this will really test your patience but you need to) then slice and enjoy.
Pro tip: I like to top my slice(s) with nut butter.. Just trust me.
xo - LU