Have you ever gone to make something, proceeded to take every ingredient out of the cupboard and fridge and start the oven only realize that you don’t actually have something critical that you need to make said recipe.. yeah me neither.. KIDDING I did that today with banana bread - I got everything out and legitimately started making it only to realize that I don’t own a loaf pan anymore.. #FAIL it was extremely awkward to say the least.
I was already set on making banana bread though so I wasn’t going to let something this silly stop me! Fast forward 1 trip to the store and 30 minutes later, I had acquired a loaf pan and it was time to get down in the kitchen - go me!
This loaf is gluten free, oil free, dairy free and has no refined sugar but all of the moist, fluffy, banana-ey qualities of your usual every day sugar coma coffee shop banana bread. And in the spirit of always being EXTRA AF it also has banana incorporated in not 1, not 2 but 3 ways, which is totally optional but DEFS recommended!
Start your ovens friends because you're going to want to make this.. like now.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
2 Medium Ripe Bananas mashed
1/2 Banana chopped into small pieces
1/2 Banana sliced in circles - for topping *optional*
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
1 Cup of Oats - ground into flour
1/4 cup Coconut Flour
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1.5 Tsp Cinnamon
2 scoops unflavoured collagen - optional but recommended for extra protein and health benefits!
1/3 - 1/2 Cup chopped raw walnuts - these are optional but I mean why would you not add nuts to banana bread.. right?
1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray a loan pan with avocado or coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl, mash banana then add in all wet ingredients except for chopped and sliced banana and mix thoroughly.
3. Add all dry ingredients except for chopped nuts to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
4. Fold in chopped nuts and chopped banana then pour batter into greased loaf pan. If you are adding the sliced banana to the top now is your time to shine, if not then move on to step 5.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
6. Allow the loaf to cool completely.
xo - LU